The cold season is fast approaching in Woburn and when the temperature drops, the utility bills can often surge. There are several things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort this winter, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
So, what’s so important about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous all year long, here are several of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Woburn winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and the comfort of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to prepare your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money around the house as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can trickle in and influence your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella Woburn team a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to make a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to come into your home. Talk with a professional to repair these issues before cold weather arrives in Woburn.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors in Woburn a call at 781-935-4947 or visit our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.