The Commercial Sales Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the commercial segment in PBWD’s geographic region as well as coordinating with neighboring branches to ensure Pella is competitively represented when the need arises. The primary objectives are maximizing sales growth, increased market share, achieving budgeted profit and managing CSR within the guidelines of Cost of Quality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Responsible for achieving increased market share and sales growth for PBWD in the commercial segment by assessing and taking the appropriate action to maximize sales opportunities within the region.
- Responsible for recruitment, training and retention of the sales team. Must be able to identify successful candidates for sales skills and a proper culture fit within our organization. Responsible for the hiring, training, and developing of new hires. Also responsible for performance evaluations and any necessary disciplinary actions.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to improve time management and conflict resolution skills, as well as technical proficiency of the sales team.
- Must continually assess the need for expansion of the commercial sales team.
- Responsible for communicating PBWD’s terms and expectations to customers and assisting the credit department when necessary to collect in a timely manner.
- Responsible for controlling discount levels by the sales team to achieve the commercial segment commitments and the overall company objectives.
- Responsible for managing inventory turns and net error rates of the sales team.
- Responsible for maintaining and improving an open line of communication between the sales team and the support staff at PBWD.
- Responsible for offering suggestions to help the effectiveness of the selling system to improve our ability to satisfy customers.
- Work with department managers, general managers and other sales managers to foster cooperation and open communication between segments.
General Management and Organizational Development
- Develop a business plan that includes growth through marketing and advertising strategies.
- Must design and implement salary and commission structures that attract and retain top candidates.
- Act as a company representative in customer issues that are beyond the sales reps capabilities.
- Approve credits, allowances, returns and replacement product as necessary to ensure the customer is “very satisfied.”
- Able to use CRM to train and develop others on how to follow up on leads.
- Hold weekly communication meetings with Sales Representatives to review projects.
- Prepare reports for the general managers and other members of the management team to keep all informed of how the segment is developing and progressing on a monthly basis.
- Act as a point of contact for Pella Corporation.
- Exhibit superior communication skills and the ability to maintain professionalism in times of great adversity and pressure.
- Display strong problem resolution skills and the aptitude to overcome substantial obstacles in order to satisfy customer’s needs.
- Responsible for the identification, development and implementation of programs, policies, and procedures that support total customer satisfaction, both internally and externally, where applicable in relation to this position.
- Enforce company and department policies when applicable.
- Confer with other managers to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Foster integration throughout the entire organization.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Business or 5 to 10 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
As an individually owned Pella branch we are committed to excellence, which has helped to propel Pella into one of the most successful window and door manufacturers in the U.S. and Canada. Pella Corporation, is an innovative leader in creating a better view for homes and businesses by designing, testing, manufacturing and installing quality windows and doors for new construction, remodeling and replacement applications. Founded in 1925, Pella is a family-owned and professionally managed privately-held company, known for its history of innovation, making outstanding products, providing quality service and delivering on customer satisfaction. The company is committed to incorporating new technologies, increasing productivity and practicing environmental stewardship.
Apply today to learn about your future as a team member of Pella Windows and Doors!